I am very happy to say that I work with some of the sweetest brides. Last year was no exception working with Sara and her hubby, Chris! Check out these photos from her wedding at BELFAIR PLANTATIONin Bluffton, South Carolina.
ALSO … check out the last photo in the group here – I LOVE when my clients come back for a Christmas Card. Makes my heart so happy!
I will have to admit – this is one of the top 5 weddings I have had the pleasure of working on with a bride. However this one is more special to me because it was the wedding of my sweet cousin, Kayla who’s more like a sister than a cousin to me. She made a simply stunning bride and her groom was pretty handsome that day as well.
We share a special bond in our family . . . and some of you know how close I am to my family – so this was a huge celebration for our family to all be together in the same place for a huge party! Kayla pulled her winter dream wedding together with the help of John Gandy Events of Tallahassee, Florida.
This weekend wedding took place at a gorgeous north Florida plantation and my favorite part of the venue was everyone stayed, celebrated and partied late into the night all on the same property!
I AM GOING TO START OUT WITH MY FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE WEDDING – Kayla’s Something Blue (and Something Old). My mom and I helped my Grandmother pick out an old blue tie that my Grandfather was notorious for wearing . . . and it still smells like him 13 years later. My sweet Aunt Jan (who’s a talented seamstress) cut out a heart shape from the tie and stitched it in Kayla’s wedding dress. Our Grandfather was an amazing man and this was a PERFECT way to incorporate him into her big day . . . . insert the tears!
Vendor Love Below ~ ENJOY!!
xoxo ~ Deb
custom tie cutout from my grandfather’s tie
custom monogrammed envelope liner ~ monogram used throughout the wedding design
mirror escort board + details // custom monogrammed pillows for soft seating areas
my beautiful family!
i might be a little biased, but isn’t my nephew just the MOST ADORABLE????
Delight is a community of young ladies ages 14-20 who are passionate in an area of the creative arts! Whether it is photography, graphic design, music, culinary arts, theater, fashion or dance, the desire is to inspire young women in the creative arts to pursue their God-given talents while also helping them define what it means to be strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman. Delight about being real, raw and relevant: whatever you are facing, others have been there too. At Delight, you will find a community filled with stories of grace, redemption and mercy. Also, you’ll find inspiration to help you grow not only in your talent, but also in your faith!
I learned about Delight this past year at Pursuit Community (formerly Pursuit 31) in Rome, Georgia and of course, I just loved this idea! Founder Kristin Wall (also known to the Delight girls as “Momma Wall”) and has a huge heart for creative girls. I definitely wish there was something like this around when I was a teenager!
Photographer Jessica Lauren approached me about creating a stationery suite for these sweet girls to photograph at their retreat in Washington this past spring and I was so excited to be a tiny part of helping these creatives build a portfolio and have the opportunity to do something they might have never been a part of . . . A STYLED SHOOT!
So take a look at these beautiful images . . . and just be amazed at what these young girls can do!
FOUR brides were surveyed …. FOUR brides that hired planners. See why these ladies were SO extremely happy with their decision and investment in a wedding planner. In my years in the Event Industry in Charlotte, I’ve seen lots of brides spend lots of money on their wedding day, but the single best thing you can do is HIRE a professional wedding planner. These are just a sampling of the amazing wedding planners I’ve worked with over the years, and they are all experts in their field. Take a moment to see why!
1. Why did you initially feel like it was important to hire a wedding planner? You suggested it! But no really…we wanted a professional’s help so that our day could be as stress-free and as gorgeous as possible.
2. When you were at your wedding ceremony / reception, what was the number one reason you were happy to have that wedding planner by your side? We did not have to worry about a single thing…they made sure everything happened exactly how it should! We just had the time of our lives!!
3. If you had it to do all over again, would you still hire that planner? Absolutely!!!
WEDDING PLANNER: DBB EVENTS, CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
1. Why did you initially feel like it was important to hire a wedding planner? My main concern with my wedding day was that I wanted my fiancé, the wedding party, my family and myself relaxed and calm. I knew that this would not be possible without hiring someone to handle all the madness and chaos that is inevitable on a wedding day. Hands down best decision I ever made.
2. When you were at your wedding ceremony / reception, what was the number one reason you were happy to have that wedding planner by your side? The number one reason I was thankful to have a wedding planner were the smiles on everyone’s faces. Everyone was blown away with the details, decor, party and food- all of which would have not been curated beautifully without a planner by my side.
3. If you had it to do all over again, would you still hire that planner? A million times over!!!! YES!!!!
1. Why did you initially feel like it was important to hire a wedding planner? With my fiancé and my mom living in different states at the time, it was important to have a strong support system by my side in planning my wedding. Our wedding planning got started at a time in the year when a lot of venues and vendors get booked, so it was important to have someone who knew a strong network of vendors that she had previous connections with and excellent recommendations for.
2. When you were at your wedding ceremony / reception, what was the number one reason you were happy to have that wedding planner by your side? My planner, Heather, brought my vision to life in a way I could have never dreamt up of myself. She kept me at ease throughout the day and created beautiful moments and memories that everyone present will cherish.
3. If you had it to do all over again, would you still hire that planner? AB-SO-LUTELY!
1. Why did you initially feel like it was important to hire a wedding planner? I am a young professional trying to start my career, so there was no time for me to do any groundwork. Plus, I wanted an element of design that I am not creative enough to do myself.
2. When you were at your wedding ceremony / reception, what was the number one reason you were happy to have that wedding planner by your side? I literally just showed up to my wedding, no stressors, no decisions to make, nothing to do but get hitched and dance the night away. The last thing I wanted to do was to coordinate vendors going in different directions. I spend my life making decisions at the office. This day required me to just say YES to the groom.
3. If you had it to do all over again, would you still hire that planner? ABSOLUTELY. Katrina is PERFECTION.
There’s lots of amazing planners here in Charlotte … above are links to 4 planners who Olive Paper works on a regular basis, but there are so many other amazing planners in our area! Here are some others who we LOVE working with in North + South Carolina!